Accepting Donations!

Donate to a worthy cause!

Please please please?

Ask The Oculatum

Enter your question and receive the wisdom of the Occulatum. You may pose your question in any way that feels appropriate. The answer will come in the form of a small pop up. Try it - your life just might change for the better!

This script brought to you by JAVAFILE.COM

Cool Quote

  • We all - “We all not only could know everything. We do. We just tell ourselves we don't to make it all bearable.” ~Neil Gaiman

Support This Site

Shop Amazon through this link, and support this site. Thanks!!

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Tutorials

Visitors

Facebook Fans

AddThis Feed Button

Be Kind to Mother Earth

Wednesday, December 27, 2006



Kindness is not just about showing respect and care for humans, but for creation and animals, as well. Caring for the environment is a way to show kindness to everyone else who lives in it. Teach your children how pollution and trash affect the environment, and find a way to protect it together as a family. Ideas include:
  • Plant a tree.
  • Make a birdhouse together as a family project, then place it in your backyard. Or make a simple bird feeder using a pine cone, peanut butter and birdseed.
  • Recycle. If your garbage pickup service doesn't include recycling bins, find a local drop-off center.
So sorry to do this, but this project has been moved and can be found in its new home Random Acts of Kindness at the new and improved Prosperity Project hosted at shirleytwofeathers.com.  

Bright blessings. I hope to see you there!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to do a lot of those things. When my kids were little, if I saw a turtle crossing the road, or even getting ready to cross the road, I would stop the car and move it.

I remember one time there was a huge snapping turtle.. he was about the size of a hub cap.. and he was in the middle of the road. So I got out to help him..

I took a stick and nudged him to try to get him to move. And he hissed and whipped around and grabbe hold of that stick.. it was scary!! So I just pulled him across the road.. he held onto that stick all the way over to the other side. Glaring at me the whole time.

Another time I stopped on 50 Hwy to move a turtle and his shell was cracked from where he had already been hit. I brought him home, called the vet, and the vet said to use silicone to fix the shell. So we did that. Kept him in a box until the silicone dried and then let him lose. I saw him several years later, still on my property, and I knew it was him because you could see where the shell had healed itself.

But I don't do stuff like that anymore. I'm "too busy"..

I used to save grasshoppers and lady bugs that would get stuck in the dog's water dishes.. I used to cut all the plastic six pack rings, and I had about 4 birdfeeders that I kept full all the time.

Now I just zoom through life.. stuck in a maze of things to do and places to be.

So.. looks like I have a lot to think about.

Related Posts with Thumbnails